Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Last sentences

I started this blog talking about Stanley Fish's book, How to Write a Sentence, and here we are again.

Here are the last sentences that I have collected to discuss:


From Fight Club, by Chuck Palahniuk:

Being tired isn't the same as being rich, but most times it's close enough.

From A Complicated Kindness, by Miriam Toews:
Truthfully, this story ends with me still sitting on the floor of my room wondering who I'll become when I leave this town and remembering when I was a little kid and how I loved to fall asleep in my bed breathing in the smell of freshly cut grass and listening to the voices of my sister and my mother talking and laughing in the kitchen and the sounds of my dad poking around in the yard, making things beautiful right outside my bedroom window. 

From Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow, J.K. Rowling:

All was well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment